Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carowinds!!


Okay, so I apologize for the very long delay in posting. Carowinds Amusement Park was the next stop in our new adventure in South Carolina, and I was waiting for a great picture from a friend of Andrew and Micah for this post. I have decided that I can wait no longer since it has been a month and a half since we went! (I don't blame these friends, mind you, they have equally busy lives as houseparents as well!)

Anyway, we took all the students to Carowinds Amusement Park the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Carowinds is situated on the state line of North Carolina and South Carolina, and they have the line marked as it runs through the park. I was the brave one and ventured into North Carolina, while Daddy stayed with Micah in South Carolina!

Once we got all of our students into the park with their instructions, we headed to the Nighthawk, a roller coaster that you experience mostly lying face-down! It was definitely a thrilling experience!! While we were on the ride, our friends' kids kept an eye on Micah while they waited on the other side of the ride platform for us. Thanks Abby! You did a great job!



After that, the rest of the day was all about the kids! We headed to the Nickelodeon section where we met Blue from Blue's Clues. Micah has not seen this program yet, but we thought he might like to say hello. He was not scared at all, he was actually very curious as to what this creature was!


Next, we decided to try some rides. You can't tell from this picture, but Micah was NOT very happy about being on the carousel. Ordinarily, I think he would have liked it, but by this point in the morning he was very hot and tired. After the ride, I discovered a building just for Mommies and babies, where you can feed and change your baby in privacy and comfort! Micah and I hung out there for a little while, he had a snack and cooled off in the air conditioning. Then he was good to go again!


Next, we rode Dora the Explorer's Blue Train. Micah took everything in! Then, it was time for lunch. We hoped that Micah would fall asleep on the way back to the buses, but he did not. We ate our delicious Chick-Fil-A lunch in shifts (still loving being close to Chick-Fil-A! And the Resident Students like it too!) taking turns walking with Micah in the stroller. He finally fell asleep, until one student decided to peer into the stroller and say with enthusiasm, "Hi Micah! Oh, is he sleeping?" Well, he was...he did fall back to sleep again on our way back into the park, and we let him sleep until we just couldn't wait any longer to get into the pool at the water park!



We were so excited for Micah to experience the water park that we took him into the water as soon as we got him changed. From his reaction, our friends did not believe our claim that Micah loves the water! He was not so happy because he was hungry! Once Micah had his lunch, he was ready to go, we had our water baby back!!


Micah was feeling adventurous and tried the kiddie water slide with Daddy. They had so much fun! Mommy watched at the bottom and thought that her little boy is already growing up so fast!


I made it! That was fun, Daddy, can we do it again?!


After the slide, we hung out in the kiddie pool. Micah had so much fun! He broke in his new life vest. He was smiling and laughing!!


My cute little waterbaby!


Daddy and Micah had so much fun in the water together!


Micah was so daring! He loved running through the waterfalls and fountains with Daddy. We also floated down the lazy river together as a family. When we finally had enough fun at the water park we got changed, and had just enough time for two more rides. Micah was so tuckered out from all the water fun, he fell asleep right away. Daddy stayed outside with Micah while I rode the Scooby Doo Haunted House with friend and fellow houseparent Angela, and her daughters Abby and Jin Ah. We had fun blasting the ghosts, but my gun didn't work. Micah woke up for our last attraction, a 3-D cartoon! I'm not so sure what he thought of it though, he wasn't wearing the 3-D glasses, and he clung very tightly to me the whole time!

It was a great day, and I can't wait to the annual trip next year when Micah will be able to experience even more at Carowinds!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I see that if we plan a summer vacation to SC for a visit, this place is a must on our list of things to do! Looks like fun!