Monday, July 12, 2010

Micah's Semester Highlights!




Micah loves to walk around in our shoes - especially mine, probably because we laugh the most when he's wearing my shoes! He looks especially silly walking around in my high heels. One day he put a pair of my shoes on and I told him he needed to go show Raquel, one of our girls who was in the common area, because I knew she would think that it was cute. He did - and he got such a great response that he came back in and went to my closet to get more shoes to model! He can be such a ham sometimes!!


Micah loves his tools that he got from Aunt Angela, Uncle Allen, Abi, Nate & Jin Ah. He knows all their names and how they are used. On this occasion, Micah was helping me "fix" one of his toys. He is using Philipe, the phillip's head screw driver. Micah would also identify the real screwdriver as "Philipe!"


Micah had a blast at the students' Super Bowl party! We found this great football shirt on sale and he loved it. When we came back to our house, he watched a little more of the game with Daddy before bed. He really was watching too! Micah loves football...whose kid is this?!


Until recently, Micah was convinced that chopsticks were necessary for eating sandwiches. It all started a LONG time ago when I tried to give him his first sandwich. He had been playing with his chopsticks when I brought the sandwich to him, and ever since, chopsticks became a messy requirement. Micah didn't really like to eat sandwiches much, but in the last few weeks, PB&J has become a lunch favorite! One day while we were visiting at the Springers' new house (more on that later) Micah ate 1 &1/2 sandwiches, plus a big cup of yogurt and some goldfish! He didn't really eat much for dinner that night, but that was the start of his love for sandwiches!!


Micah's toy box is a great observation point to look out the window and see what is going on. Often I will open the curtain to let some light in and he has a clear vantage point of the goings on outside. This morning I hadn't opened it yet, but the guys were outside mowing the lawn and Micah just had to check it out!!


Micah also loves to empty his toy box of its contents and play Micah-in-the-box. It makes a pretty big mess, but it is also quite cute!


This Spring I taught Micah about dandelions. I know, there's nothing like teaching a child to spread weeds, but every kid needs to enjoy this favorite pastime! Micah does not quite have the lung capacity to blow the seeds off the stem yet, so after a couple of attempts, he just waves it around in the air until all the seeds are let loose. He had fun looking for the dandelions while walking to and from dinner at CIU!


Even though Micah is a flexible and easy-going kid, he still appreciates order and structure. He is always lining up his cars in rows, and for a while, one of the first things he would do in the morning was line up all his Cars character vehicles across the arm of the couch. He was so proud of himself!


He might just be a little OCD though...one day while I was working on homework for one of my classes, Micah arranged his blocks by color and size, all by himself! I was so amazed I just had to capture it on film. Notice the cars are also in a nice line as well...


One of Micah's favorite foods right now is spaghetti. He cleans his plate and often has seconds or thirds! This particular meal, his spaghetti did not get cut as well as it normally does, and he took advantage of the opportunity to try to be like daddy and twirl his spaghetti on his fork!

No comments: