Monday, June 1, 2009

International Tailgating


Throughout the year, the Resident Program made special dinners to represent the cultures of the students at Ben Lippen. In April, we decided to have a special tailgating dinner with foods from the remaining countries to be represented. I was in charge of helping our Russian Twins make Borsch, a popular soup in Russia. Nelly (pictured here cutting up chicken) and I got all the ingredients. We also had some helpers the day before the dinner to peel, cut, and shred all the vegetables.


Shirley happily volunteered to cut the onions. She's a pro - no tears!


Tracy was our designated shredder!


Liza and Alice peeled the carrots, potatoes and beets.


The day of the dinner, Nelly, Liza, and I cooked the soup in a big pot. We had more than enough soup for our hungry crowd! Micah enjoyed the soup too - he also got it everywhere, including his hair! After dinner, we watched the boys soccer game. Micah loved going to the games. He especially liked finding and playing with the extra soccer balls. He even learned how to kick the ball!

No comments: