Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Very Merry 1B Christmas!


Our first Christmas at House 1B was great! We got to share some great Christmas traditions and festivities with our girls!


We helped the girls decorate a Christmas tree, and made snowflakes to decorate our windows. The girls had a blast trimming the tree and being creative in their snowflake art!


We also baked three kinds of Christmas Cookies. Cherry really wanted to make gingerbread cookies - I thought that she really liked them, but I soon learned that she had never had gingerbread before! The girls did all the cutting out and decorating on their own while I was at the school choir Christmas concert. They did a great job!


Micah wanted to help make cookies too!


For our Christmas party, I made dinner and Andrew made dessert. The girls enjoyed dinner together, and then we headed out to see Christmas lights at the zoo!


Micah donned his Santa suit for our outing to the zoo. The girls thought he was so cute!! While at the zoo, Micah and Daddy got their traditional picture with the elephant statue. Maybe Santa should invest in some elephants to pull his sleigh!


Micah had a second visit with Santa, this time he decided to impress him by dressing alike! Once again, Micah was happy to sit on Santa's lap, but this time he asked Santa what he wanted for Christmas!


This picture just makes me laugh! It is one of Daddy's dare devil pictures again - this time no spotter, but a much smaller drop. Micah rode the tortoise like a pro though - no falls!


After the zoo, we went Christmas caroling and delivered cookies to the Resident Director's house. It was a nice surprise for her and her family! We also caroled and delivered cookies to our neighbor girls' houses. The girls really enjoyed caroling! To finish off our night, we gave the girls their Christmas presents and they exchanged their Secret Santa gifts. It was great to celebrate this season of Christ's birth with our girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Micah looked like he enjoyed himself. I like the thirteen month picture. It says I'm cool. Keep them coming
Love Dad