Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A new car!...Well almost

With the advent of our new job in Columbia, we decided we didn't have any need for two cars now. In mid-May we drove up to the used car lot to check out something we had seen online. That car was already sold, but we came across this sport Pontiac Vibe GT. Andrew really wanted to get a manual transmission, and this was one of the few on the lot that fit what we were looking for...and our price range.

The dealership had a part on order when we picked it up, and when all was said and done we ended up getting a whole new transmission-with Toyota parts because the GM dealership wasn't able to get the parts in a timely manner. No worries. As it turns out, we discovered that the Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Matrix are cousins. They're basically the same car just with a different exterior. The whole experience was slightly frustrating with more trips to the garage/dealership than we had anticipated, but in the end God blessed us with this car that is perfect for our needs right now.

One of the things that works out so great is that you'll notice this car has a roof rack. While we don't have any pictures, this car was LOADED on the way down to SC last month. There was just enough room for Micah and nothing more when we left. I was a bit concerned about driving down I-81 with the car so loaded as that route is quite mountainous. However, the car did great. Micah sure was a trooper too. He slept most of the way except for the last 100 miles when he screamed most of the time. The only thing that remains now is that I have to teach Kristina how to drive the car. Pray for her as she is anxious about driving it, especially on the Interstates around Columbia.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was good to hear from you. I was sure getting tired of looking at Uncle Buddy 3 or 4 times a day for the last month. Micah is growing. We can't wait to see him and hold him again. Hope everyone is getting settled in.
Love,
Poppy and Nanna

Julie Garner said...

WHAT!?! I've been waiting all this time for a post and all I get is your car?!! Where are your priorities?

WE WANT MICAH!!!

WE WANT YOUR NEW PLACE!

WE WANT MICAH!

WE WANT YOU GUYS!

Who the heck cares about your car? (I mean, maybe some people...but...)

Did I mention...
WE WANT MICAH!!!

Rachel said...

We have one of those Vibes. Andrew loves it. He tells me several times a week how much he loves it. And Kristy, you can learn to drive a manual. Don't be anxious. It really is a lot of fun. And it can teach you a lot of lessons about sanctification.