Sunday, February 10, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone?!


Yesterday, I said to Andrew, "I can't believe Micah is six weeks old already!" His reply was, "Yeah, and he doesn't have a blog yet." I guess that was a hint that I need to start recording our memories before any more time gets away from us!


It has been six wonderful weeks since Micah Stanton Garner came into this world and forever changed our lives. In the last few days I have finally noticed how Micah has grown and changed. It makes me wonder if I was too busy learning to be a good Mom for Micah that I missed some of those new and exciting changes in these first few weeks of his life. The learning process has definitely been a series of trials & errors, sometimes feeling like more failures than successes. I think the biggest lesson that I have learned so far though is to stop, take a deep breath, and relax and enjoy this time with our boy. Our Micah is God's unique and beautiful creation, and he won't always fit the "typical baby" mold. I sometimes need to be reminded that Micah hasn't read the books that I have!



Micah is definitely more alert now and is starting explore his world more. He loves to take everything in, and often fights napping during the day - there is so much to see and do! We can't complain though, because Micah lets Mommy & Daddy sleep at night, with only one interruption at 3 am (like clockwork - it's amazing!) Micah is quite serious & contemplative, but we have seen some glimpses of smiles the last couple of days. And he definitely knows who his Daddy & Mommy are, which makes us feel good too.


We are settling into a routine of sorts, and Micah and Mommy are starting to venture out more during the week. A big Thank You again to friends and family that provided meals the first few weeks of Micah's life. I know I have said this to many of you already, but it truly was a blessing not to have to worry about cooking while bonding with our new member of our family. I especially enjoyed the privilege of watching my husband become a Dad. He is a natural, and is totally enamored with his boy.

No comments: